Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is a set of marketing strategies used to improve upon oneâs volume or traffic to a website.Â The sort of traffic you generate with SEM can be Organic or Paid search results.Â Using a combination approach will give you the competitive edge when attracting possible customers to your website.
It is said that the closer a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. You may target different kinds of search, including local search, video search, image search, and news.Â Â This gives a web site web presence and drives traffic to your site.
As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. Optimizing a website primarily involves editing its content and HTML coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.
There are typically two factors that affect SEO friendly websites.Â And they are:
- Alternative Text and Title attributes for Images and Links
- Meta Tag Information for Keywords and Page Description
- Ordering of Important text in the HTML code of a page
- Specific Keyword Density in Content of Page
- Valuable, interesting, and Unique Content
- Links to your Page from Authority sites on the subject of your Content
- Notification to content Aggregation Services of new or updated Content
- Inbound Links to your Page
Learn more about what SEO factors affect your website in Google and SEM strategies to attract more visitors to your website
Sign up for our FREE Internet Marketing Tool Kit!